Improve WordPress security
Making your WordPress site secure is one best ways to ensure it’s safe from common malicious attacks. There are multiple ways to secure your site and some options may not work with certain plugins, themes, or hosting accounts. You have two options when securing your WordPress site:
- Call our support number and one of our experts can do it for you for a fee.
- Do it yourself following the instructions in the tables below.
WordPress Premium Support
Our support experts can perform the following services for you for a fee. We will perform the services provided they will not impact your site performance, or unless specifically requested:
Performed through the Sucuri Security plug-in.
- Verify WordPress version is up-to-date
- Make the WordPress version private
- Block php files in uploads, wp-content, wp-includes directories
- Remove WordPress readme file
- Enable DISSALLOW_FILE_EDIT in WordPress
Performed without the Sucuri Security plug-in.
- Limit login attempts
- Disable directory browsing
- Disable xml-rpc
Do it yourself
|To do it yourself, see||Difficulty|
|Install and setup Sucuri security plugin in WordPress||Medium|
|Limit login attempts in WordPress||Medium|
|Disable directory browsing||Medium|